Friday, April 27, 2007
2:15 pm - 9:00 pm
Pan Pacific Hotel, Crystal Pavilion
Eleven Ambassadors to and from Latin America in Vancouver
The Dinner of the Americas is a premier networking opportunity for British Columbia-based organizations with current or prospective interests in Latin America and the Caribbean. Six Canadian Ambassadors from the region, as well six Latin American Ambassadors based in Ottawa, will share their insight and views on the sustainability of the current economic expansion and the impacts of rising populism and resource nationalism on the evolving business environment. For 2007, the countries of focus are Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Mexico, Peru and Trinidad and Tobago.
Canadian Ambassadors to Latin America and the Caribbean:
- Mr. Gaëtan Lavertu, Canadian Ambassador to Mexico
- Mr. Matthew Levin, Canadian Ambassador to Colombia
- Ms.Genevieve des Rivières, Canadian Ambassador to Peru/Bolivia
- Ms. Alexandra Bugailiskis, Canadian Ambassador to Cuba
- Mr. Guillermo Rishchynski, Canadian Ambassador to Brazil
- Mr. Howard Strauss, Canadian High Commissioner to Trinidad and Tobago
Latin American Ambassadors to Canada:
- H.E. Emilio Goicoechea, Mexican Ambassador to Canada
- H.E. Jaime Duarte, Colombian Ambassador to Canada
- H.E. Guillermo José Miguel Russo Checa, Peruvian Ambassador to Canada
- H.E. Valdemar Carneiro Leão, Brazilian Ambassador to Canada
- H.E. ErnestoAntonio Senti Darias, Cuban Ambassador to Canada
Mr. Pablo Breard, Vice President and Head of International Research, Scotiabank
TOPIC: Regional Outlook: Implications for Canadian exporters and investors
The Ambassadors from Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Mexico, Peru and Trinidad and Tobago welcome the opportunity for “one on one” discussions during the course of the program in the afternoon as well as over cocktails and dinner in the evening. They will participate in round table discussions on the evolving business environment for Canadian exporters and investors in their respective countries.
It is the first time an event of such magnitude, related to Latin America, happens in Vancouver. This is a client acquisition opportunity and is a key community / branding recognition.
Pre-registration (RSVP) required by April 23rd, 2007
If you are mailing your cheque, please send a copy of the cheque and the form by fax to guarantee your seat.
14:15 – 15:00 – Registration
15:00 – 16:15 – Panel One: Colombia, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago
16:30 – 17:45 – Panel Two: Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Peru/Bolivia
17:45 – 18:45 – Networking Reception
19:00 – 20:00 – Plated Dinner
20:00 – 20:30 – Keynote Presentation: Mr. Pablo Breard (Scotiabank)
21:00 – Program Concludes